Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

TEANEURING 2021

TEANEURING T+1s #9 & 10

T+1 — #9
November 16, 2021
Starbucks & an errandonnee ;’-), Lynnwood WA
Teavana Emporer’s Clouds and Mist green tea
Lemon pound cake
At least 2 miles

WEATHER, oh have we had weather. Not far away all around us there has been wind damage, power outage and severe flooding. We feel fortunate to have not suffered any damage to speak of, and think of those not so fortunate.

After a few days of heavy rain and wind we had a calm day for me to run an errand by bike and so I did. Starbucks is in the same parking lot as Bartell. Keeping with my theme of KISS, I had my stop there for my T+1 ;’-), making it my first and only ‘chain’ cafe. No other photos for this particular stop.




T+1 —- #10
November 17, 2021
Makario Coffee And More, Everett WA
“Green Tea”
An almond something pastry
At least 2 miles

I simply could not even think of letting another dry and somewhat sunny day pass by without a bike ride. Flooded areas and evacuated towns are waiting for ebbing of the rivers which have at least crested (for the moment), and clean up and rescues continue.

First thing this morning showed thick frost on the ground and roof tops with a temp of 32 degrees, and a warning of black ice on the road. I would have to wait and see what late morning would do. Finally 10:30 looked it IT! I put on all of my cold weather gear and headed out for tea. It was brisk and clear and felt refreshing as I made my way into Everett.



I was not immediately sure where I would go for this day’s treat. As I cruised through downtown, I noticed this place Makario in the spot that once held different cafes. This is the third one to take over this spot that I know of: “Pave” was the first place I had visited; it became “Petite Sweets”; now Makario.



It is sort of Japanese I will say, and the decor is simple and clean. 



As seems to be the usual, when ordering ‘green’ tea in such a place, that is what you get. Simple and easy with no brand name and from what seems to have been already brewed. It was an ok tea but nothing I can say was special. I do not know what my pastry choice was called, but it was something almondie. 



I had brought my bike in without asking and no one said anything so I continued to not ask ;’-). There were only a few sparse people, everyone wore masks appropriately, and spacing was good. This was a good choice for me on this day.



I think this will be my wrap up for the challenge this year. Dodging weather and running out of  tea places in close proximity is beginning to cause me to veer slightly away from my KISS theme, and the simple of it is not so simple now. I love this challenge and again thank Mary Gersemalina for coordinating for all of us each year. I am happy to have you (you know who you are) follow along for my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment