Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, August 21, 2022

FUN IN BIG SKY COUNTRY CONTINUES

After our potluck dinner last evening, there was a little cup cake celebration for the August Birthday gals.



Debby, Sally and Ruthie each made a wish.

This (the next) morning I was able to rope Susan into a short bike ride before the heat would be too oppressive. Two things I need to accommodate when Susan will ride with me: 1. It takes her a while longer than it does me to get geared up and ready to ride as she needs her time to gather any and all equipment she deems necessary, no matter how long or short the ride; 2. We will be doing a shorter ride than I would like as she prefers to not ‘ride in circles’ as she thinks my rides are. However, I am willing to accommodate to have her ride with me, and always thank her for the ride afterward.

So, while waiting for Susan to be ‘ready’, I took time to look at the replica of the old mining town on the poperty.




We were then ready to ride. Anything that says anything about “fishing” will catch her eye.



The reason swimming is unsafe…



Looking in the other direction would have you think how beautiful — and safe for swimming this would be.



We were soon at our turn around point and wanting to get back to camp for the mid-morning gathering. On the way we made a stop to pick up sandwiches for later.



Betty Boop is their theme.



I wandered around while the sandwiches were being made and enjoyed the lawn and yard decor shop. There was a HUGE array of things and I took only a couple of photos that were bike related ;’-).





We got back to camp in time to enjoy some of the eggs that Candice was cooking for us, and had our morning chatting time.



Rosalie ran through the plans for the day, first of which was the drive to do some antiquing.



Neither Susan nor I are interested in that activity so we would stay back, relax, read, and I would do a bit of yoga (finally).

We have never made so many crafts at camp!! We have the cards, the pillow case, and this late afternoon activity was to make lights in a bottle ;’-). What fun! The crafty teachers brought any equipment we needed and said no to any request to reimburse them. They said these are all things from their crafting at home or that cost so little to provide.



Dinner and a “white elephant” gift exchange ended our day as well as the outing for this time. As the evening fell, Susan got a last photo of the day.



Most everyone will be checking out today, a few will stay for another day or two. We basically said our farewells and see you ‘round the campfire’ last night and will say more today. Not knowing when I will again have wifi availability, I will try to post this now as it takes some time to go through. If there is any more to add for this outing I will do so later. For now, this will be it until we move along toward Sandpoint Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment