Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, August 6, 2022

JULY ENDED (HOT) AND AUGUST BEGAN (NOT HOT)

Imagine my surprise when I found that I had not published the post I wrote about the Grandboys camping outing! I cannot post it right away because we are camping near Hood Canal and have no wifi at our campground. I will post that one when we get home on Sunday, and will add this one as well.

During that last hot week of July I was able to continue my riding, and actually got friends to ride as well as ride some solo time on a few days. This post will simply be some photos that I want to keep and this is my best place to keep them.

Kim and I did our own ride on the B-G trail and stopped to see the newly finished park at Log Boom. It is not a great place to stop for a picnic lunch, take a dip in the lake or rent a boat ;’-).



On another day Susan, Kim and Meri joined me for a ride in the Skagit Valley which is always a pleasure.









They all had such a good time on that ride, they joined me on another ride on the Centennial Trail.



Seeing this field of hay stacks shows that someone was sure to be making hay while the sun was shining.



On my solo rides from home I once again visited “the stump”. It had a brand new display that indicates someone must have had a recent trip to Hawaii ;’-)



One of my early morning rides (to miss the worst heat) showed some foggy mist that was still to burn off.



 And so we ended July — including both of our birthdays ;’-). Susan took me to the local beach to have our take out breakfast, and then we went to ‘play’ a little paddle ball. By play I mean hit the ball back a forth a few times. This would have to serve as paddle ball for Susan as well as it was way way too hot to do that on her day.




No comments:

Post a Comment