Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

30 Days of April: April 11

Cindy would be leading her weekly Tuesday Social ride today and this is the first time I can join her since she changed the distance from two shorter rides to one longer one. Many times Cindy has had to cancel the ride due to our weather! But other times I have been otherwise busy.

As I often do, I biked from home to meet up at the ride start. Within about 2 miles of the start ---- I got a flat tire. Drat! To make a longer story into a bit shorter one, I was able to reach my friend Kathy by phone. She lives halfway between where I was stranded and the bike shop (the ride start). AND she was so very willing to come and rescue me and my bike. I owe Kathy big time.

 

Delivered to the bike shop.

This is actually Susan's Bike Friday as mine is in this very shop getting a new wheel built (had a crack in the old one) and a full overhaul tune up.

My friend Bette-Ann was to join this ride but her phone call to me indicated that she thought the ride started half an hour later. Since I was waiting for the bike repair, I waited a bit more for her and we took off on our own. Surprisingly we caught up with the others at a crossroad and joined them for the rest of their ride.

 

Baseball practice means Spring is in the air!

Our first stop brought us to the restrooms at a park where just a couple of people were practicing some baseball skills.

We moved on to the next park for more adventure!

 

Our leader -- Cindy gets the first try at the zip line

 

Brenda is soon to join in.

Our inner child came out in all nine of us as we each got a ride on the zip line at the park. I got photos of only two of our riders.

The day could not have been better -- lots of sun, good people to ride with and zip lining!!! Oh my!

 

1 comment: