Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, April 14, 2017

30 Days of April: April 12

My bike was ready for pick up so I rode Susan's bike to the shop and traded it for mine. Susan's needs only some minor work. Mine needed and got a LOT done to it. And when I picked it up -- my oh my it looked like a new bike!!

The day -- of course -- had rain coming from the sky within about three minutes of my starting the ride. But we riders know how it is -- if it is raining BEFORE we are on our bike, we find it hard to impossible to start a ride. But if it rains WHILE we are already riding, it is no big deal.

On the way there I found some "road swag" (useful stuff you get for free).

 

Heavy duty cutters

I don't drink coffee, and have never had a tea urge to stop here, but I really like this kiosk that I pass whenever on this route.

 

Right by the airport, so appropriate coffee cup

In addition to the rain that started, I came to road construction that had closed the right lane, the bike lane and the sidewalk.

 

Was able to easily ride between the machinery and the cones.

Got the bikes exchanged

 

Same bike shop different Bike Friday

My bike was so shiny and new looking that I was reluctant to want to take it on the road in the slop. But I guess a used, dirty bike is a happy bike ;'-).

 

Sage was so happy that I came to take her home.

I rode over to Sarah's as Susan was there for babysitting. Had a little lunch then rode home in sunshine -- which turned to rain by the time I reached home.

No comments:

Post a Comment