Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, April 14, 2017

30 Days of April: April 14

Today's ride would be in two parts:

Part A: I took myself on a ride heading in the opposite direction around my neighborhood than I normally ride. This took me to the short trail that would lead to a visit at the Community Garden.

 

 

 

 

No rain today! Not what was in the forecast, but then we seldom get what is in the forecast ;'-). I continued on, riding through two (closed for Spring Break) school parking lots to the Speedway. I looped back up for a stop at the post office before continuing on back toward my house and riding along some of my usual route.

 

I meandered through yet another school parking lot and found this delightful little garden. It was then time to head home for the next riding part.

Part B: Susan had a half day sub job this morming and was picking up Lucy afterward. She would bring Lucy and her bike to our house for a bike ride. We biked to the Badminton Club to see the Junior tournament that was happening, then headed home a little different route.

 

 

 

Five year old Lucy is a very accomplished cyclist, and after riding 6.5 miles today we thought she had earned a milkshake! After the milkshake and arriving at our house, Susan loaded up Lucy and her bike for the drive to her house. We tired her out enough that she was sound asleep in the car within only a few minutes of the start of the drive.

A delightful day with Lucy.

 

Within about 5 minutes of the drive home, Lucy couldn't even finish eating her energy bar ;'-).

2 comments:

  1. Give Lucy my compliments. Riding 6.5 miles at her being 5 years old is just fantastic. You go Lucy.

    Loved the photos of the community gardens and also the one with the Hyacinths, the Daffodils and I also see one pink Tulip. There are also some pretty purple flowers, I see. I think they are Grape Hyacinths.

    Wonderful ride Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Meta, I will definitely tell Lucy your compliments. I did enjoy going around and through a few flowers as well, and of course you would know the names of them all ;'-).

    ReplyDelete