Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, May 31, 2019

Katy Tour Canceled

But first let me say what a nice start to my day with breakfast on the patio with Johnny and Phyllis.




Soon after breakfast I got the call from Road Scholar. There has been too much flooding along the trail to continue the tour. I had called last week about these very concerns as Phyllis had been sending me alerts about storms, tornadoes and flooding in the area, and specifically along the trail. I spoke with the trip organizer/leader at great length and she assured me that they DO NOT cancel tours. So I decided, since I did have my flight tickets by now, to attend the tour with visits with J & P on each end of the tour dates. Well, here we are and the tour is canceled. 

Of course I am disappointed not to do the tour, but am happy for the few days of visiting, and am grateful not to have had to do battle with Road Scholar to pay for my early flight home. Phew!

We had a good day with a nice long walk on Grant’s Trail to the Puzzle Wharehouse.


There are thousands of puzzles in this place — jigsaw as well as other types of puzzles, and I had to find one to take home to Susan!


The one on the wall has 24000 (thousand) pieces. I passed on that one for Susan.





After the arduous job of puzzle hunting, we needed the stop at famous Ted Drewes for an energizing custard.


This place has the BEST custard, and is always busy. The ordering lines can get very long, but they are quick to serve it up.




Ted Drewes has been around a log time — and is on the Historic Route 66! 




Johnny was happy that I (yes I) had suggested this stop today. They don’t get here often now that they live here. When they were visiting in town this would be almost their first stop, with more in the days that followed.

We got home to do just enough relaxing and resting before meeting up with Phyllis’ brother Bob for dinner. A wonderful dinner, and a most enjoyable visit and conversation with Bob.



1 comment:

  1. Loved your photos and news of your travels...and that puzzle store! Never heard of anything like it, wow! 😲

    ReplyDelete