Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

A DRIVE TO ROSLYN

A misty, drippy morning, no place to ride from here, and Susan wanting to check out some fishing areas led us to take a drive for the day. We would make our way to a few lakes and rivers, and on the way pass through Roslyn again where I could take time for a couple of photos.

As we drove slowly along the country road outside of Roslyn we met these four.



We stopped, looked at them and they looked at us for a few moments before turning tail and heading back into the safety of the forest.



Susan did get to spend some time casting her line into a lake and a river, but the fish won again. As we started back for our return, I convinced Susan that I needed to ride the very few miles back into Roslyn. She dropped me off for that and I was at least back on the saddle for a little bit of the day. Very little, but I gotta take what I can get ;’-)

The town of Ronald is almost an outskirt of Roslyn. I did not know there was a “Roslyn beer”.



Across the road from Ronald General Store was an historical thing.



I was so taken with this jalopy that my shutter finger could not quite stop shuttering.





On into town, we find the coal miners touting masks for safety.



Old store front of Roslyn.



And a defunct, somewhat tumbledown Coal Miners barber shop.



Susan had uncovered a place to buy curbside pick up pizza in Cle Elum which is a stone’s throw for Roslyn. We took the pizza back to camp with enough to share with Shelly and Lizette for our final night’s dinner. After dinner and lots more distanced socializing we said our hugless goodbyes as they would be leaving early in the morning and Susan and I would not be long after. 

That is all I have for this trip. It was a joy to have social time with friends and we thank them for organizing this outing — even riding on the Iron Horse trail.

Stay safe and well everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Love your Roslyn photos, the tree coming out of the middle of the car and the deer are just amazing. Actually your shot of the three deer could be a calendar shot, it is spectacular. Fun place, and lots to see there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two favorite photos here as well. The deer were so dear!! And that rusted out car was not to be passed by without a photo!!

    ReplyDelete