Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

ENTERING AUGUST 2020



The residents of a house on the outskirts of our neighborhood use their front yard stump to display colorful things for every holiday and/or season. I take pleasure in riding to see what the month will bring. This one is appropriate for entering August with yet more hope for good times on the way.




The first few mornings of this month have been chilly and cloudy at the start of my bike rides; warming to almost hot by the end. I DO NOT complain about our weather as it has been perfect for bike riding. Compare our 70-80 degrees to the rest of our country and we seem to have the very best weather. Well, being Seattle, one day when we could be in the high 80s, all (ALL) the newscasters were warning us to take precautions to stay safe in the heat. Next day we were in the mid 70s.


Sunflowers always seem to bring a promise of good times and a smile.




This tire swing would make it seem we live in a very rural area. We do not. I love the swing and the tree it hangs from.



One of my weekly rides with Cindy had us finding this ‘rock garden’.







And as we bimbled along I found a few other photos that needed taking. This fence and gate are, to me, picturesque.



As is the lamppost at Rhodie Ridge Arboretum.



In three consecutive days of bicycling I had seen, each in very different places, 9 discarded face masks. Just another item for litterers to toss to the ground. Why, I wonder.


I LOVE early morning bike rides. I really don’t know why I have not been doing that more often, but now that I have reminded myself, I plan to do more. At 7:00 I ride in basic silence with almost no traffic in our neighborhood; the many crows that are around do not scatter when I approach, unless I stop for an attempted photo, and I softly say good morning to each of them; a few solo people are out here and there quietly watering their gardens and lawns before the sun becomes too strong; some loved dogs get an early morning walk with their person on a leash; the shadows follow me down some quiet neighborhoods.



A cooling fountain for those hot days ahead.





No comments:

Post a Comment