Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, August 9, 2020

VIRTUAL RIDES TOGETHER


At the very beginning, Cindy and I started out doing some together rides apart, and soon added tea time stops to those rides. We have advanced to riding together while keeping our social distance and wearing our mask if need be. Many good rides in all scenarios. 


A small group of Rainbow Riders gather together for a Zoom visit every week. We chat about any riding we have done, plan to ride “together” one day a week, and choose a theme for the week. A “challenge” to keep our eyes peeled, take a photo and send it to each other. We have searched and found lots of items over the past three months we have been doing this.


I have posted about these to Virtual riding opportunities I have had. Now I have another...


A new virtual riding buddy ;’-). Laura lives in Louisville, KY. We “met” on a bicycling website and started a pen pal sort of friendship. I guess now we call it “cyber friends” or cyber pals?


Living in different time zones makes it hard to impossible to start our together ride at the same time. So, we plan to ride on the same day as each other at the time that works for either of us. Our first ride was on a rainy morning for me, and it looked like it could remain rainy for the day. I grabbed the window of dry that presented in the late morning to hop on the saddle for our together apart ride, and was grateful for the ride.


Offering each other a photo from our ride, I sent this one to Laura.  My cloudy day on a short ride...




Laura sent this one to me — a lot more sun and a beautiful bridge. Much better weather in Louisville than in Mukilteo ;’-). 




I added a little side road on my return to home and thought this was a cute idea and good repurposing of those tennis shoes.




I am happy that Laura wants to do this with me. I see many good riders together apart ;’-)

2 comments:

  1. This has worked out quite fine! Thank you for suggesting we try it. Your picture is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you are joining me for rides ;’-).

      Delete