Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, August 2, 2020

WRAPPING UP JULY

Waiting out the Pandemic...



This post will be mainly photos taken during days other than when on our RV/Camping adventures. Mostly (or maybe all) it will be about my bike riding, because...



My bike rides are just that, they bring me solace, peace and at least a little time to get away from worry. Most of my riding is done solo, sometimes one with Susan, and what has become a weekly ride with Cindy. Cindy and I are very careful, keep our distance, and stay apart together ;’-0. We often bring our tea and crumpet to enjoy our own little tea party at a park.

Our neighboring town (Everett) has designated three roads in and near town for walkers and cyclists.



These are low traffic roads anyway, but still, it is a good effort for us.

Riding into Everett is often a route Cindy and I do and I found some color to add to the day.



A brief stop at the CoOp for Cindy to pick up a few items showed us that Sisters restaurant is open and ready for business.


On the way out of town we noticed this boat that neither of us had ever noticed in all the many times we have ridden this route. I think it may be a remnant of one of the Ivar’s seafood restaurants.



On another ride out of town we came upon a fresh flowers farm.



Cindy found the perfect bunch to buy and take home.


And then we found the gazebo for our lunch stop with more flowers of the day.



Random photos of other days on the saddle include the following...

Recently I have seen many bunnies out and about. don’t know that I have ever seen a white bunny out “in the wild”. I don’t know if this IS a wild bunny or someone’s pet that got loose. I found it too cute to pass up a photo.



A “fish wall” along a route into Snohomish...



Old farm buildings and relic machinery always call to me.



As with everyone else, I have up and down days. Some days I feel optimistic and somewhat happy. Other days I fear of death by Covid. The most I think we all can do is continue to love each other...



...and maintain this...



As I finished with the photo, the young woman backing out of the driveway stopped for a short chat. Her in-laws own the house and put up this HOPE message. Their son (apparently not her husband) is a nurse and has worked on the front line for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment