Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, February 7, 2021

WEEK 1 FEBRUARY RIDES AND PHOTOS #22-25


STARTING FEBRUARY


Yep, as we thought, the projected forecast is —- rain, and lots of it for much of the first week of this month. Here is what our newspaper had to say...


Happy February. We just had one of the wettest, warmest Januaries ever in the Seattle area, and it looks like we're in for more of the same before a few sun breaks in the week ahead. 


And then we find that today the meteorologist groundhog has predicted six more weeks of winter 🤔.


# 22 February 2, 2021


You see that date? I had to wait four long days for the rain to lessen enough for a comfortable ride!! Four days! 


I had to wait until just about noon for this morning’s heavy rain to stop, and stop it did. I even had a few sunspots while riding, and as the sky seemed to be getting darker as I was on my way home. 


I did the short loops around the neighborhood, but this time I went backwards, or I suppose that would be in the opposite direction from what I normally do. I felt that it could start raining at any moment, so I stayed closer to home as well. But no rain, and I stopped for my photo on the High School campus. The gal and horse are a bit damp, but not soaking.




#23 February 3, 2021


SUN!! And for all day. Yummmmm.


As I thought I would, I got more time on the saddle than I had been getting over the past several days (don’t count the rain days!). I took myself up and around the Boeing Plant via the Mukilteo Blvd and added a few little loops to the route. 


I am drawn to fences, especially wood or stone fences. And here was one that had a little of both. Add bushes and greenery and it is doubly hard to resist a photo.




Across the road from the fence was this cute mailbox. Looks like it took a lot of tender care to build.




The two mile road through the Boeing plant is quite nice as there is usually no traffic, and this is the first time I have had a train cross on the tracks. 




Very short wait for the two engines, two cars, and caboose. Added to my adventure for the day ;’-).


It felt so good to ride in sunshine, and I appreciated every moment of today’s ride. Rain for much of the week coming again, begins tonight.


#24 February 5, 2021


I allowed myself time to bask in the ride I had on February 3rd as the rain kept me indoors the following day. Now — today, I needed time outdoors, and time on my bike. This is what has been keeping me ‘sane’ during this pandemic. And the morning news forecast looked promising with some sun in the day. Quick! Call Cindy 😊. She said ‘yes’ to this last minute request to go for a ride.


I cycled to her house and we did some meandering around neighborhoods of Mill Creek before getting ourselves to Starbucks for some Tea Time ;’-).




On the way to Cindy’s was this sign I could not resist to snap for my photo for the day.




Though the forecast was not totally right, we at least had most of the day without rain — until my last 3-4 miles home when I had light rain getting me wet. Oh well, I did not melt and I did not freeze ;’-). 


#25 February 7, 2021


You would think (I would think) with the sun shining bright, I would be itchin’ to hop on the saddle for a ride. Maybe I am weary of pulling on so many layers of clothes; maybe 35 degrees this morning seemed too cold; maybe I am bored with riding my same loops over and over; maybe I have gotten lazy. Could be any or all of those reasons that had me reluctantly pushing myself out the door for a ride. 


Cindy told me that once I got out there, I would feel the magic 🤔. Guess what — she was right! It took no time at all for me to know I would ride a bit further than I had ‘promised’ myself (bribery) I would do, if myself would just get out there.




Sunshine does make such a difference, and the temp climbing to 40 helped some to give me a great day on my bike. I don’t have a name or title for all my routes (you will recall the “Shawna Route”), but this one I named ETAL (as in et al = everything) and in my case Every Turn And Loop from home and around our area. When riding this route I am probably no further than 3 miles from home, but can make my ride up to 20 miles long. So nice. 


At the end of one of those loops I stopped for a sip and found this a pleasant place. The rock my bike is leaning on has what seems to be a sea chantry. It is a dark plaque and I did not get a very good photo. I will try for a better one next time I am there, but if you enlarge it you can read much of the chantry.











No comments:

Post a Comment