Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, February 13, 2021

WEEK 2 FEBRUARY RIDES AND PHOTOS #26-30

#26 February 8, 2021


They say we will be (may be) getting snow later this week. They have been saying that off and on for about a month. We never know when they might be right! Snow/ice will keep me off the bike, so I gotta store up some riding 😊.


I met Cindy near the Interurban Trail for a ride into South Everett and a search for chocolate.  Chocolate is one of the items on my Bike and Seek list this month, and Cindy selflessly volunteered to help me with the search 🤗.




An outdoor table under the eaves kept use dry — we were not expecting the rain we got a little of! Chocolate Brownie was oh so delicious.




As soon as we started on our way after our chocolate treat ... we were riding in falling snow/graupel, oh my! We were definitely not expecting snow! 



We WERE expecting sun, but never did get that.





This morning’s weather person said winter weather is on the move with the coldest temps we have had this season and it “starts today’. I had taken extra time to put on even MORE warmth to start out in 36 degrees that would not climb much beyond that for the day. Cindy and I had quite the adventure riding in the snow, but neither of us got cold. Says a lot for our good winter riding gear ;’-) 🤗


#27 February 9, 2021


As I have mentioned numerous times, Susan mainly likes to ride if she has an actual destination. She would never do what I do with repetitious rides around the neighborhood 😏. The destination for today was a ride to check out where we will be getting our second Covid 19 shot next week. The location has been changed from where we had gotten shot #1. The move is not far from where it was, but is now indoors rather than the drive-up at Paine Field. 


We found the Boeing Recreation Building with no problem.



Now we know where Step 1 is...




The ride is not far nor difficult and we would love to bike there for our shot, but we don’t know if we might have a ‘reaction’ to it, so must drive there to be on the safe side.


We would even have the opportunity to pump up tires if need be.



On the way back through Boeing we again had the experience of the small line of trains crossing — this time the caboose was “leading”, and we got to wave to the ‘caboose-men’.




Total sun for the day but without cloud cover, the temp did not rise above 36 degrees. I tacked on a few more miles as Susan turned off to go directly home. It was too nice to stop now ;’-). And snow is on the way (they say).


#28 February 10, 2021


I can now say that I have ridden my bike in ‘freezing temps’, and was quite comfortable in the 31 degrees ;’-). Being warm throughout my 15 mile ride validates that the money I have spent on all my foul weather riding gear has not been wasted ;’-). I wasn’t sure I would ride before temps got ABOVE freezing, but it was taking too long to warm up so off I went on this mid morning in slightly below freezing weather. 




So — as long as there is no wind, no precipitation (the day of or the night before), and sunshine — I know I can ride in 31 degrees! Awesome I say.



#29 February 11, 2021


Same temp as yesterday (31) but a dampness in the air, and without the sun it felt colder. One of my regular routes with a return to try to get a better photo of that sea chant was fine for today’s ride. But the photo is not much better than the one from last week. I looked around at the trail nearby and though I did not ride down the hill, I noted it for a potential future exploration. 








#30 February 12, 2021


Cold at 29 degrees with no sun and upcoming snow forecast! I did not stay out long nor venture very far because of that. I rode as far as City Hall and got a photo of the bike rack that I like so much. That wet looking pavement will soon see snow and then become icy. They say 😉.





And then this happened...




See you in a few days ;’-0.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got your first shot already!And the second next week! Everything is going so slowly here. :( You are becoming quite the winter rider - below freezing. I am impressed. I decided 40 F will be my threshhold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel fortunate to be getting the second shot tomorrow!! In the past I had the same threshhold of 40 degrees, but now have become comfortable in colder. I think it is my winter cycling clothing that really has made that possible. I do have limits about cold rain/snow/ice however!

      Delete