Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

ON THE ROAD JUNE/JULY 2021 — ELK GROVE ENDING OUR TOUR

Every day I get to do a bike ride. I have found a different one for each day and now would most likely need to repeat some, or at least the rides would be repeating parts of others I have done. It has been delightful to get out early (7:15) with minimal clothing for a nice ride on flat terrain. It is always a pleasure to ride in a different area and these rides have been a joy. I have already posted much about them, so not much else to say but a few more photos.

A few rides I have done closer in and near town, but mostly I have ventured further out into the “country”. Many town parks have trails that are often a part of the bike route.






My country rides take me through more vineyards and orchards as well as more corn fields, and along the Sacramento River.


I have shown the Sac River in other posts, this is a little fork of it I would guess.


Some quiet, traffic free roads.




Farms and ranches.


Normally there are lots more, but this lone cow looks so hot!



A row of new workers’ boots ready for the vineyards.



On what is probably my last day of riding, I stayed close in and did a relatively short ride. I am familiar with ‘Speed Bumps’, Speed Tables’, and ‘Traffic Calming Devices’. This one is a new one for me.



This will most likely wrap up the blogging for this trip as we will be heading home either tomorrow (Thursday) or early on 
Friday. It has been a huge circle of travel for us: Home-Madras Oregon-Missoula Montana-Big Timber Montana-Through Nevada-Elk Grove California-Big Trees in Arnold California-Elk Grove again-Time to come Home. It will be nice to have some time with my friends at home before we take off again in mid-August for a couple of weeeks of more fun! See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment