Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

ON THE ROAD JUNE/JULY 2021 SIDE TRIP TO NAPA

It was a short day trip but we very much enjoyed the drive and a brief time in Napa. Sarah and family had other obligations for much of the day so we took off for some sight seeing. We took little to no photos, but here I am in the middle of Napa with the church steeple in the back ground.



Strolling a bit along the downtown street, stopping only in one bookstore where I found a pair of knee socks (;’-)) and no books we needed, and a visit to the information center were our only real activities in town. At the information center we learned about Mare Isalnd and took the drive there before heading home.

This island is where the first naval station was built on the Pacific Coast. As with most places from the past that I visit, I get quite a clear image in my mind about how it was back then. Here I could imagine the ships docking and the sailors hopping off their ship and heading into town.



The once bustling and busy shipyard is now a huge property with broken empty buildings. All empty except for the Brewery that found its way there— Mare Island Brewing Company.


I suppose this was a lifeboat back in the day. 



We strolled around the docks for a bit, saw a couple of artists painting a mural, purchased a four pack to take home to share, and headed home. Not a good photo of me, but at least a look at the dock area. Behind me is the brewery.


Artists at work.



They enjoyed the beer, I am happy with my new knee socks ;’-)

No comments:

Post a Comment