Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, August 15, 2021

BANDON OREGON

Fortunately we basically passed through Pacific City, though we did spend the night at a Thousand Trails outside of town. Pacific City, and the adjacent town of Tierra Del Mar were mobbed with people. One could barely drive through the town looking for some wifi signal! Therefore we did not do much in those towns and were glad to move out after one night.

That brought us to Bandon… 

Some ocean views as we enter town…





…and the Wayside Motel and RV park for two nights. It is a very nice motel with about 12 spaces in the back for RVs. Nicely appointed with touches of care. Nicole and David are the owners and welcomed us when we arrived as well as guided us to our camp site.

A covered area to if you choose or if weather is foul.


A small table and chairs set up behind us for our use.



And a picnic table for puzzle putting together. 


There are two (cute) outdoor smoking ‘rooms’ set up.

This one is for smoking tobacco (it’s closer to the road).




This one is for smoking dope ;’-). (A bit disguised it seems).






It was chilly enough this morning for me to put on my mid weight jacket for my ride start. But within about 20 minutes it had warmed enough for me to shed that. I had found a route on Ride With GPS and went exploring. Along the way I saw several things of interest.

The middle tree is about dying, but here it holds on and refuses to let go. Good for you little tree. Looks like a family supporting each other.


This refuge sign had me make a little stop to see.





I came upon a yard that had all these “sculptures” made from tree parts. We have something similar to that, but more detailed and varied, in Edison WA. These are fun, and my guess is that there is a retiree living here who has developed a hobby ;’-).




One for Susan…






I have heard of “legs as strong as birch trees”…



Then there was this odd, out of nowhere piece of art work…



I pulled myself away from the sculptures and continued on my ride. It was not too hilly, just a few mild rollers, and very light in traffic. 



A few more photo ops popped out at me.




It’s true — if you leave something long enough, nature will make it its own. 





After hitting more or less a dead end (for me anyway) that was a rough and rutted unpaved road, I turned around and headed back. Near camp, I made a short excursion through the small town of Bandon,

saw this slight view of a lighthouse…



and picked up dinner to take back to camp for us.

Fortunately I have the “equipment” needed to secure my bundle of food.



Cannot be in a seafood town and not have fish and chips. We made use of that little table and chair set up behind our RV.



Ahhhhhh, what a nice day I had. I end it with an afternoon rest in one of the amenities at camp.




No comments:

Post a Comment