Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

SOTF AT DARLINGS FLORENCE OREGON

From Bandon where we had the wonderful stay at Wayside Motel & RV, we drove north to Florence for SOTF camp out. Many of the Sisters really like Darlings and seem to return to it often. It is a marina that offers many boating opportunities for fun on the Siltcoos Lake. Several went out on a kayak paddle early today.




The campsites are ‘tight’ and very little space between rigs, but we are placed at one end with trees next to us. I suppose it is the price you pay to be camped lakeside.


Susan may want to rent a fishing boat for an hour or so tomorrow but has yet to really make that decision.



Awaking this morning (our first morning here), we were surprised to see thick clouds and everything quite wet from rain that had happened in the night. Our next surprise was to have a herd of vistors for breakfast. They pranced right past us with out a glance our way.



Relaxing inside our toasty RV, we waited for the uninviting weather to make a change. Gradually it did change and I took a short ride onto some side roads up to Honeyman State Park. I found just a few interesting things to take photos of.

This barn stood out to me.



It turned into a ride of lighthouses as several homes displayed their choices.







Stopping for a look at Honeyman Day use park I learned that the boat houses (not house boats) I had just seen were along the shoreline of Woahink Lake.




This next photo seems a bit out of focus, but may be due to the beach grass blowing in some wind. This is what many people come to this area of the coast — dune buggy riding. Here is a shot of a dune from the road. On the ocean side where the dune buggys run, there is no growth of beach grass or anything else.



And whadda ya know — the deer were now out for lunch. I stood over my bike and told them I was protecting them from any oncoming traffic, so go ahead and cross. I could not stop myself after only one photo ;’-).








Finally, this one decided it was safe, and did cross the road.



Back at camp Susan said she heard there will be a potluck tonight and was not sure of the time. I went up to check it out.

6:00.



SOTF



I may have more to post tomorrow but did not want to get behind again so am sending this now since we have decent wifi at the moment which comes as goes unannounced ;’-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment