Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Thursday, May 12, 2022

A NEW PIECE OF BIKE GEAR + HALF OF MAY

When you have biked for as long as I have, and a new bike is not on your docket, it is not easy to find something new to add for your biking passion. And we all know how exciting it is to get something new. I have often thought of getting a pair of these Rainlegs, but for a variety of reasons, have passed them up. Lately it seems I have ridden in more rain than has been the norm for me and thought I need these!


These are very light weight, easier to carry and to put on than full rain pants, and help keep you warmer as well.



I love them ;’-). They arrived yesterday (I couldn’t wait to share) and we were to have rain today so I was intent on trying them out. There were some dark clouds.



But we did not get much rain until after I was home from my ride. I did get some light rain on my way to home and was glad to have the Rainlegs, and my rain over mitts (worn over my light gloves) that I have had for eons.



Keeping dry is a huge part of keeping warm(ish). Here we are in mid-May and it has been unusually cold (not out of the 40s much) and rainy even by our standards with an inch above normal for the month of May so far.

I have fortunately found at least parts of days that allowed for riding. My challenge for this month has been anything related to birds. I include a few things I have found for that theme as well as random things I see along the way.

The rain did apparently bring some May flowers.



As well, May brought down much of our cherry blossom blooms.



When the sun does show itself, people have a tendency to celebrate.



Here are some of the bird things I loved seeing.

A bird village.



Cute bunny watching over a house.


Could be considered a bird castle.



One of my rides in the rain, evidenced by rain drops in the bird bath.



A few of my other sightings along my routes.

Wishing wells area always of interest to me.



Crooked tree limbs make an artsy form.



I don’t know if this indicates to get on or off your high horse.



I took myself to Everett Marina for a stop at a favorite little cafe “Seas The Day” and had a brief bite to eat and a tea.





Reflecting clouds.


A bird.



A little water fall tucked way back in an apartment complex.



I liked this rustic hand carved squirrel.



And who — really — doesn’t like unexpectedly coming upon a parade?



OK then, with Rainlegs in hand, I am ready to face the rest of this cold, wet month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment