Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Thursday, May 5, 2022

OUT OF APRIL INTO MAY 2022

Spring is slow to come to us this year. The reports say this is the 3rd coldest April in 45 years, and the 13th coldest ever. Average temp for April was 46; usual is 51. And of course we have had a lot of rain and some winds on many days as well.



That’s the weather report for the month. Now, let’s get the broken bones out of the way. I have blogged about Susan’s broken ankle, and our shared cat, Kathmandu, has helped with his healing paws.



Just a few weeks after Susan broke a bone (3 actually), Jeremy took a tumble while playing outdoors with the kids and broke his little finger.



That was not enough for this family as not long after her dad’s mishap, Lucy collided with a classmate while playing kickball and …. broke HER little finger…



Everybody is on the mend, but Susan tried to do too much too soon and has had a bit of a setback. Enough so that we had to cancel our trip to California for time with the Grands and family. Very disappointing indeed, and we learn that the healing process for a broken ankle takes a long time!! Gradual weight bearing is exactly that — gradual, and not so quickly as we may have hoped. Having curtailed our travel adventures, this post will be mainly a ‘photo essay’.

Over this period of time, Susan has gained some of her independence at least, and can do more for herself which allows me to be out longer for some refreshing bike rides. The bike rides have not been only for me — but for Susan as well. ;’-). I think you know what I mean.



I completed the 30 Days of Biking in April this year. I have participated in this challenge for about 7-8 years I think, and have actually completed it more than half the times I tried ;’-). The majority of my rides were solo and close to home and I include a few photos for those.









I really appreciate when I get to ride with others, some individual rides with friends and a few slower paced group rides that take me a bit farther from home and into some different territory.

KIRKLAND LAKE FRONT…





MARTHA LAKE…








SNOHOMISH AND LAKE STEVENS…






A DIFFERENT PART OF KIRKLAND TO DISCOVER EASTRAIL…









This brings us now into May and we will see what that will bring ;’-).

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures in spite of the bad weather and other setbacks! You made the most of April!

    ReplyDelete