Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, May 23, 2022

LOFALL AND LITTLE LEAGUE

My friend Lynne wrote me an email with the subject line: ITALY. I wrote back to her with my subject line: LOFALL. Our individual trips were happening at the same time, hers in Italy as in the country of Italy, mine in Lofall as in a small berg in western Washington, a ferry ride away from home. BUT we were each having an adventure ;’-).

I had lots of highlights on our adventure to RV camp at Kitsap Memorial State Park to be near the Little League field, where we would go to watch the Grandboys play in their baseball games, First highlight was in the ferry line in which we had to wait two plus hours. These guys were in front of us and filled their time with a game of UNO — Goldfish snacks and all.



The day was heating up and as we got just ahead of them we could see that they had adjusted for the heat.





On her trip to use the restroom Susan (of course) stopped for a chat with them and found they are long time friends who had either gone to high school together or to college together. Two brothers (the ones on the right) are here for a visit and to tour some places with their friend on the left who lives here. They were really nice guys.

We arrived at camp late afternoon on Friday and Susan scouted out a bike ride that I could do to keep myself from being “antsy nancy”. So I saddled up and enjoyed a ride around parts of Lofall. The wagon and mailbox caught my attention right away.





Farther on down the road this geodesic house, which was a thing back in the day or at least of interest to many, came to my view. I don’t know that I have actually seen a real live one before and this was kind of nice to see. Different anyway.



I took this next photo of an Olympic range mountain not knowing that I would get a much better view of the range later in the day.



I ended my ride happy that Susan had discovered it for me, even if it was rather a short ride. What I did not get in miles however, was made up in climbs!! Quite hilly in some places and I would have had a mighty struggle in some places if I did not have my pedal assist bike. There WOULD have been some walking.

Bright and early the next morning we got up and out for 5 year old Andre’s T-ball game that started at 8:30! Here he walks out to the field.


Mom Jenny gives him some coaching tips before going up to bat.



Gets a hit and onto base.



Brother Etienne (8 y.o.) has been assigned to third base coach and the brothers meet for coaching! They are so cute together and get along very well. They are not only brothers, but good friends to each other.





A break between games gave Susan and me time to eat our somewhat latish breakfast before wandering over to the other field for Etienne’s little league game.

Etienne got a great hit each time he was at bat.



He played well at the pitching position and at first base (his two favorite positions) and was able to get a few outs — one a double play.



What fun to see them play and appreciate their skill as well as the fun they were having.

We stayed at the campground another night to be able to see Etienne play another game on Sunday. This game was a make up of one that had been weathered out, and would start at noon. That gave me another window to repeat the ride I had done the day before and find a few more things to take a photo of.

Back at that wagon by the farm — Red Cedar Farm.


This time as I approached there were animals in the field at roadside.

This cute burro kept standing there and looking at me.



After a little while s/he came up closer to me and some of the others followed his lead. I spent a little time chatting with them and they liked the company. No feeding the animals the sign said, so I could give them attention only.





These have all been nightlights for me, but seeing and chatting with these friendly animals was a topper for this day.

I found another photo for the day for Susan…



And some interesting airplane/bird things for my challenge site.








Back at camp Susan wanted to take a walk (yes, she is walking now) to the beach before heading out for the game. This was the photo I did not know I would get when I took the earlier mountain photo. I reminds us all around here just how fortunate we are to live where we do. So much beauty all around us. Today’s weather could not have been better for baseball and for bicycling. Finally!

 

We had a four hour wait for the ferry (Sunday traffic) but nothing as interesting as the UNO boys to entertain us.

No comments:

Post a Comment