Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, February 5, 2023

STARTING FEBRUARY IN CALIFORNIA.

In my last entry we left off with a rainy day bike ride with Sarah and the girls. The next day I had a ride on my own in the sun. Granted, it was cold enough for me to basically be dressed in the same cold weather gear I wear at home, but still — sun and lots of it was delicious. 

Just a few photos to show that I am not in Mukilteo! I chose a shorter route from Sarah’s so to be back for any upcoming family stuff. 

The flora is different…



This curly headed cow was looking directly at me until I pulled out my phone camera and then I could not get his undivided attention. A handsome guy.



The herd of sheep were all near the fence until I stopped for a photo! They all turned and walked the other way and only the one in the middle kept its eyes on me the entire time I snapped photos. I snapped quite a few and though none were great, I had to include this of the eyes on me sheep.



You know you are in the “country” when you see a sign like this…



One more thing caught my eye as I do so like old farm buildings. 


You see by that deep blue sky and clear day just how perfect a bike ride would seem. It was, except for some very strong headwind for at least half of the ride. That put some extra exercise into the flat terrain 🙄. I got back in time for a bit of resting before going to watch Lucy, and coach mom, at their basketball practice for their upcoming game later this week.

The next few days were very busy with family and a few solo bike rides. We had a visit to the Zoo, Kate’s karate lesson, and Lucy’s horseback riding session. The only photos from any of those activities were of Lucy at Horse Camp.

Her instructor (Jennifer) was great at teaching her some new skills and Lucy listened intently and followed every cue.





She sure looks like a “real” horse back rider, and loves it so very much.




I did fit in a couple of bike rides in the neighborhood that took me into some parks and around the lagoons.











We were happy to find our next adventure of Biking The Rails! 



This would be a first for all of us, so if someone asks “when was the last time you did something for the first time?”, we have the answer ;’): February 2, 2023.

We entered the depot and took a tour of the gift shop.



After filling out our paper work and signing for our life, we got our instructions from the leader.



They provided helmets, but we had our own and we were soon seated and on our way. There was little opportunity to take photos, but Susan gave a valiant try from her rail car in front of us. Kate was with Susan…



Lucy was with me…



Snack bags were provided, and when we reached the turnaround point, we ate some of them.





Cars were turned around on a little roundabout, and we were off again for the finish. We had a great adventure and tired out the Grandgirls.



A few more photos from riding around the area the following day. The route I found took be through farm land, orchards and vineyards. A nice ride on a rather cloudy day.






A glimpse of some recent past flooding in the vineyard across the road.



And finally, on the way home, a nice old brick wall photo.



I will call this the end of “phase 1” of our trip and continue on later as we move along to other parts and places.

No comments:

Post a Comment