Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, March 13, 2021

CAMPING TIME FOR JAYDON

Kate had some one on one time with us, now it would be Jaydon’s turn ;’-). The first thing he was anxious to do was to set up his room at the top.


Happy guy in the loft with a few of his favorite things.



Arriving at the campground in the early afternoon gave us time to do at least a ride around the camp and to the lake. First Grandma does a few needed adjustments on Jaydon’s bike.


And then we are off for our short adventure.




A few of the sights along the way...


Lake sure looks low.



But there IS a lake. Our masked riders stop for a look.






The next day I rode a short while on my own and enjoyed some sights along the Jedidiah Smith Trail. Later this becomes The American River Trail and the three of us would be riding some of the trail together.

We camped at Folsom State Park just at the outside of Folsom City (of Johnny Cash fame). I didn’t get to see the prison and at first I thought the barbed wire at the top of the fence that you see in the photo was maybe it! But it was some other property forbidding entrance.



Usually when I see a dismount sign it is directed at cyclists. 



I met up with Susan and Jaydon at the Folsom bike shop where Susan was having a few things adjusted on Jaydon’s bike, and we drove to an access point for The American River Trail and the start of our adventure together.

 Interesting bridges cross the river at several places. This is one of them.





I was able to be a “road angel” (Kate says they are ‘road helpers’) two times on this day. First Susan asked this couple if they needed help and they said yes, he needed a ‘strong wrench’. I have that I happily said (I love being a road angel). He used my wrench and they were so thankful for us to stop and for the loan of the wrench which enabled him to complete his task of changing his flat tire. 

Later, on our return trip, I asked two fellows who looked troubled with one of their bikes looking torn apart if they had everything they needed.  As I slowly rolled past they yelled “no, do you have an Allen key”?.  Well, yes I do ;’-). They too were ever so grateful that I asked and that I had what they needed.



Even with Jaydon having to attend HOURS of school, we were able to fit in a nice bike ride though he felt it was a little long with a few hills to climb along the trail. He did fine but was glad it was done! The jelly beans the Susan had brought helped him get through one of his tougher times.

Portable schooling. 



I was smiling like this rock because we had a great ride today, and that Jaydon was sharing it with us. ;’-)




No comments:

Post a Comment