Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, March 6, 2021

WEEK 1 MARCH RIDES & PHOTOS #37-40

#37 March 1, 2021


What a difference from yesterday for myself. I rode a lot longer and enjoyed more than the shorter ride yesterday. I stayed in our general neighborhood and did my “monthly” ride-by of The Stump.




I do not have a photo of the St. Pat’s Stump from last year, so nothing to compare it to. They never let me down with their bright and entertaining stump decoration.


A good day on my bike and I was happy to see my friends Forrest and wife on their walk. I hadn’t seen them for a while and was hoping they were fine and they are.


#38 March 3, 2021


Sunshine oh my ;’-)


Yesterday I just could not get myself to continue riding in even the light rain that was falling. I rode a mile from home and sent a text to Cindy to bail out of our planned ride for the day. We have each been riding days on end in cold, grey, damp weather. Neither of us was willing to do it on this day, especially with the rain actually falling!


Today was so different 🤗. Cindy and I each had our own ride scheduled for today and will do our together ride tomorrow. My solo ride in sun was oh so nice. It is a bit of a hilly route from home, through Mukilteo and to the south edge of Everett before leading through the Boeing Plant. It is on my routes-from-home choices, but I haven’t done it in a while. Always a treat to do something that seems almost like new ;’-) — at least a little different 😉.


I found a fence (you will recall that love fences) for my photo for the day.






#39 March 4, 2021


I have posted about this day riding up in Skagit with Cindy, so there is not much else to say here. I saved one photo from the day to post as my photo of the day. It was a most difficult decision, especially since I would be doing two posts 😏.




Kind of a stellar day except to all that headwind!


#40 March 6, 2021


A simple selfie unexpectedly found on a brief ride around home. The Boars Head truck had shiny hubs.





I fit this brief mid morning ride in between preparing for our trip down to see the California family! Three Grands, here we come. We will be leaving the day after tomorrow (Monday) and be gone for about two weeks. Hopefully some bike riding in sun and WARMTH is on the agenda ;’-).



2 comments:

  1. Another great report of several days/rides.
    The owners of that tree stump had great foresight in having it cut down like it is. Lots of ideas for monthly themes.
    I love that boulder in there too. I wonder if they had it especially brought in. It is a beautiful boulder.
    Nostalgic fence and then another photo of the barn. From that distance it looks like it is sagging on one side.
    Cute photo of that shiny hubcap with you in the middle.
    Have a great time with the grands and family. lots of great bike trips coming up too with photos of the grands.
    Wishing you great weather. Thanks for this report as well.

    Meta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meta for your great words! And for keeping up on my blogging.
      I do love those “stump people” as I have been calling them. It is such a treat to have that as a destination at least once a month ;’-).

      We are not with the Grands and family and having a good time here with mostly good weather. You will see that in my recent blogging.

      Delete