Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Saturday, March 27, 2021

WEEK 4 MARCH RIDE PHOTOS #49-53

#49 March 22, 2021


First day home from California, expected all day rain was actually mainly sun!! I quickly rearranged my planned indoor day and jumped into my riding clothes. Temps in the low to mid 40s had me back in my “Seattle bike wear” for the ride. Did two bike errands and returned home via the Shawna Route. This light/telephone pole is always a bright spot along the day.




#50 March 23, 2021


At 43 degrees with gray sky it does not feel much like Spring to me. True to form, as yesterday was forecasted for all day rain, we had mostly sun; as today was forecasted for mostly sun, we had mainly clouds and cold. The sun was more in than out as the clouds pushed their way to take up most of the sky. I was almost sure I would ride only around my block and return home. I went a little further to drop something in the mail and just kept on riding. Once I saw these bright and shiny daffodils I was almost feeling Spring. A cold Spring, but still.




#51 March 24, 2021


It was a simple errand ride and I thought I might not look for or take a photo for the day. Then I came to this decoration of sorts and had to stop. These oversized Christmas balls adorn the tree outside the barber shop that had to close for so long during the pandemic. I think Nic (the female barber/owner) felt a need to continue with uplifting decorations on the tree for a bit longer into this year.




This is a photo I had posted way back when the pandemic was relatively new. See the number of times Nic had to change the reopening date. Then had to close indefinitely. She is open again and the above photo may be in celebration of that.




#52 March 26, 2021


I waited until 10:30 for the sun we were promised. I knew if I waited much later I would not have the oom pah pah to ride, so I got myself going. Having an errand to do always helps on days that are not too inviting for a ride. My errand was Costco to redeem our rewards check that we have not been able to do during the time of staying distanced (pre-vax). I extended the trip a bit by adding some side roads and returning through the airport. The photo is of “Boeing Lake”. Each season gives a different look to the lake.





#53 March 27, 2021


Finally Cindy and I were available on the same day and could ride together 🤗. A little ride in the “country”, through farm and ranch territory along the Schwartzmiller Road, was our choice. The ride was fantastic even if the sun did not come out until we finished the ride (of course), and we enjoyed a delightful outside lunch at the Snohomish Bakery.






4 comments:

  1. Same here - stores are opening and closing and opening and closing, you never know what's next. With a stretch of the imagination, you could say those Christmas balls are Easter eggs. :)
    Btw I got my first vaccination! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Suzanne, I have not seen this until now! I hope by now you may even have gotten your second vax ;’-)

      Delete
  2. I was pleased to see so many Daffodils there so early in the season.
    You had some really nice rides with weather not too bad .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meta. As I told Suzanne, I have not seen these comments until now. I appreciate comments for sure. March was a fairly good riding month, and now April is being stellar with so much sun, warm temps and blue sky.

      Delete