Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, October 18, 2020

BIKE DAYS CHALLENGE #14-15


Rides/Photos #14 & 15


This completes my originally set goal of 15 photos for the challenge this year. I will not stop now, but others will simply be ‘bonus’ photos and rides that I can get in for the remainder of this year.


#14 OCTOBER 16, 2020


Clouds, wind that would increase as the day progressed, and cold had me reluctant to go out and ride in my neighborhood as I had planned this morning. Thank goodness for Susan pushing me out the door. She knows all too well how grumpy I can get when I miss too many days of cycling. What can I say — it is an addiction.




My photo for the day is of some last color lingering on a neighborhood, road as today’s predicted high winds will no doubt denude the trees of much of their foliage. As I rode by many Halloween decorated lawns, I did stop for a few photos of those as well.










My thoughts today were not only of my surroundings, but also of my deceased sister whose birthday is today. Since childhood, I was always so pleased that each of our birthdays was on the 16th of our month. Ten years apart, but close enough. I loved my sister tremendously and will always miss her.


#15 OCTOBER 17, 2020




A new discovery on an old route ;’-). One of the routes I do from home takes me to an elementary school that has a path that goes to the back end of the school. I don’t take the path very often, but when I have is when I first discovered the art work that the 1st & 2nd grade class did of the caterpillar evolving into a butterfly.






I have not taken that path in a rather long time and thought to do it on this day. I saw a sign at the edge of some trees that said “Welcome to the Nest”. What’s that, I thought. I need to go and see. I first walked up without my bike, but immediately returned to bring my bike up with me. 







It is an outdoor education station sort of like a mini amphitheater with an easel and all. There are several trees and bushes identified by markers. A great place and a wonderful classroom. I don’t know the history or if all schools have something like this, but I was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment