Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Thursday, October 15, 2020

BIKE DAYS. CHALLENGE PART 3 (#10-13)


RIDES/PHOTOS #10-13


10/15 OCTOBER 5, 2020






Rhody Ridge is one of our regular routes, and we truly enjoy wandering through the arboretum. I rode to Cindy’s house for our ride start, and found that, of the day, her street had the best fall color ;’-).


First stop was for Cindy to do a good deed of a contribution to the Little Free Pantry. I sure do like that idea, and wish there were more around, but this is the only one I know of.


Rick (Cindy’s husband who is an avid cyclist) had told Cindy of a few different side roads on this route so we took those and thoroughly enjoyed the quiet and peaceful neighborhoods. Once at Rhody Ridge we walked our bikes along the gravel path.


I guess the residents in the adjacent house have (or once had) dogs, and what a nice shelter for them.


This green tree almost matches Cindy’s jacket color.


We wound through the grounds to enjoy the flora, and found the newly added benches to enjoy our lunch. The benches were a local Boy Scout project and they did a great job. I told Cindy that I would really like it if the Girl Scouts could/would start doing some of these kinds of projects, and I know some of them would really like to do that. I however, don’t see that happening anytime soon.


Weather was fine for our bike ride: a bit chilly to start out; cloudy but clearing with sun almost showing; warming enough to shed a layer; sun for the finish of the ride. Another great day shared with Cindy.


At this rate, I may end up adding days to this challenge as I may have underestimated the number of rides I would do and be able to take a photo of. I will wait though as winter approaches and rain/snow/fog may interrupt adding more rides/photos to the challenge.



#11 OCTOBER 7, 2020






I posted about our outing in Idaho and the ride for this photo on the Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes, so will say little about it here. My photo for this day does not include my bike, but that is Susan peddling up the bridge. We had 80 degree weather over here in Idaho, and blue sunny sky for a beautiful ride on the western part of the trail. More info about the trail is in my longer post about the outing. The trail is completely paved and is 72 miles long. I am not the biggest fan of bike trials, but this is definitely a favorite that traverses through such different areas that you cannot get bored. ;’-). I have ridden the entire trail in stages over past weekends, about four times now, and never tire of it. I have seen moose on all my other trips, but not today. There are a few dried mud moose tracks on the trail in some areas, but I think it was too late in the day for them to be out and about.


#12 OCTOBER 8, 2020






Yesterday we did part of the lake that goes east, today we did the west end of it to the beginning where there is the Memorial for “Warriors and Veterans”. More photos and story on my blog.


#13 OCTOBER 14, 2020 




Today is the last day of our RV adventure that has taken us to Idaho and back through Eastern Washington. We had some rain yesterday and were not sure what we would get today. BONUS Day — sun and temps in the low 50s. A perfect day for a bike ride. All about the trip, once again is on my blog, so will not repeat here. This photo is taken along the Apple Capital Loop Trail in Wenatchee WA.


No comments:

Post a Comment