Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Friday, October 30, 2020

TEANEURING #5 2020

Teaneuring #5

10/30

Tea Without Walls

Lemon Ginger Herbal tea (I just about never drink herbal tea, and this one reminded me of why).

21 miles

Marymoor Park Redmond, WA 


My One More Good Thing: Susan rode with me today, and a second good thing: getting to ride this trail after a long time not ;’-)


I have not ridden the Sammamish River Trail in months (at least 8!) so was pleased that this would potentially be a ride that Susan and I would do today. Susan had taken her bike for service at the bike shop in Bothell which is located very near the trail. Her bike was ready for pickup today, and fortunately today’s weather would cooperate. As promised by those weather people, the early morning rain dissipated and eventually  we got blue sky and sun for the remainder of the day. Granted that came later in the afternoon, but still. 







We took our time to wander along the river with no hurry to get anywhere. I found a cabin in the woods...




And a rather neat mailbox...




I have passed this bench many times, but did not know there was a ‘story’ of some kind attached to the shoes. I thought the bronzed shoes were to indicate that this is also a running trail. The short story is on what I think is a relatively new plaque. At least I had not seen it in the past. A very sobering moment as we stopped for the photo.






Our lunch/my tea stop was in a part of the park near the windmill, where we found a dry table partly under a picnic shelter, but with the afternoon sun hitting us.







No comments:

Post a Comment