Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

TEANEURING #4

Teaneuring #4

10/28

Tea Without Walls

Scottish Breakfast Blend tea (for a change)

13 miles

“The Nest”, Mukilteo WA


My One More Good Good Thing: A new discovery on an old route ;’-). 


I saw this sign ‘Welcome to The Nest’ and had to explore. This is apparently an outdoor classroom setting for nature and outdoor studies. Once there, I knew this would be one of my teaneuring stops. Today was that day.









There is a delightful little trail behind this amphitheater setting that strolls by the forest growth with identifying markers.





This is one of the routes I regularly ride from home (always solo) that takes me to an elementary school that has a path that goes to the back end of the school. I don’t take the path very often, but in the past when I have is how I first discovered the art work that the 1st & 2nd grade class had done of the caterpillar evolving into a butterfly.






There is also a garden near this outdoor classroom that is normally tended when in season (and no pandemic). The garden offers opportunity for more than gardening as there have been pieces of artwork, scarecrows, and innovative shelves for starter plants.




Tool of the trade...



Art work. These, and other painted rocks are usually placed throughout the garden.



A place for starter plants using recycled pallet.



I will add — it is surprising how warm 52 degrees feels after riding in low 30-40 the past few mornings!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful place for your tea stop! I feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne.
      This was indeed a surprising serendipitous find ;’-). I loved finding it and then being able to use it for my tea stop ;’-).

      Delete