Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Sunday, June 27, 2021

ON THE ROAD JUNE/JULY 2021 MONTANA (DAY 2)

This would be parade day. In the afternoon Susan would be up for biking into town for the 2:00 parade. Needing more than that I took myself for an earlier ride in the “other” direction. I would stop at the campground entrance, walkie-talkie to Susan, and wait for her to ride up to meet me.

Every morning as I am preparing my tea, I look out the back window and I feel like I am on a house boat. That is the Boulder River directly behind us, and Susan is not quite ready to get up ;’-).



Another view of Montana countryside.



This lone deer watched me and did not take her eyes off me the entire time I took photos of her. She was so sweet.



A little later on I stoppped to commune with the sheep. I love them in the field and seldom get to be so close to them.



The babies nudged each other out of the way to get to feed from Mama ;’-)



A typical homestead around will most likely have horses involved.



As I continued on I felt a few raindrops here and there, but fortunately actual rain did not develop. Big Sky is full of Big Clouds on this day. As the day progressed it would become less densely clouded and more blue would be allowed through.





Susan met me at the campground entrance and we rode into town for that parade. It could possibly be the most boring parade I have ever watched. Mostly it was the line of 94 cars that had been parked for the Car Show, fire trucks, and cars carrying varying people - the guy runnng for mayor, the Nile Shriners and 1970 & 71 HS graduates, as well as recent graduates. There was no marching band, no baton twirlers, no dancers and only one small group of horses that did not perform in any way. It seemed endlessly long and the ones who mainly enjoyed it were the kids gathering up tossed candies. 

Here are at least a few photos (that Susan took) to justify sitting there through this rather quiet (except for fire truck sirens) parade.




The only “float” in the parade…







That’s it for today folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment