Nancy Cycles!

Nancy Cycles!
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." ... Yogi Berra

Monday, September 30, 2019

BIKE RIDE ON THE BURLINGTON TRAIL

Well, if I had to get this head cold, I am grateful it came upon me on the last day of our trip ;’-0. Last evening I felt my worst. To hear my hoarse voice, my sniffling and coughing this morning, you would not believe it but I seem to feel a bit better (I think). I hope that holds for this afternoon’s flight home.

On our first day in town we scouted for where the bike rental place was so we had no trouble finding it on this sunny, clear day with but a few wispy white clouds. Local Motion is literally right on the trail.





There was a chill in the air as we got started, but we had each brought enough cycling clothes to meet any weather.



The bike trail normally takes cyclists from the downtown waterfront to and across a causeway, but there is construction on the causeway and it is closed until May. That didn’t hinder some of the nice views we got of Lake Champlain, the Appalachian Mountain Range, and North Beach from land this time.







As we continued on, I took a little side spur down to the beach where, in season the crowds are elbow to elbow enjoying swimming, sun bathing and relaxing. On this day — it is empty. A little aside here — I realize that in the past two weeks I have ridden four different bikes. And have liked each one of them for their purpose.



Across from the beach I couldn’t help but walk through the pedestrian tunnel. On the other side there is a campground fairly full of RVs and campers. I wandered around briefly but there was no photo worthy shots.



I caught up with the others and we made our way as far as we could where we detoured due to causeway closure. We got some good information from  a local couple out for their walk. Following their knowledgeable advice we took a spur off the main trail and found this.



Once again, there are bikes, so there must be a bakery...



...not only a bakery, but Sunday brunch or sandwiches and soup for lunch depending on your wishes. We each had a delicious grilled cheese sandwich and they all had wonderful, big, hot chocolates.

Time to head back.






Couldn’t help myself from stopping for these stairs, thankful that we would not have to climb them.



Turning in our bikes we were on foot for just a little looking around this end of town before calling it a day.

Two depictions of Champ:





I don’t know the meaning of these creatures on top of the building, but I have seen depictions of these around here as well. They must have some kind of meaning.



To me, this gray brick building seems to say Vermont.



We say goodbye to Vermont as we prepare for our flight home. We each and all agree that this has been a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment